Ballina Medical Centre – Excellence in Community Medicine
FLU & COVID VACCINES 2023/2024
The Flu vaccine is now available at Ballina Medical Centre
If you require the Flu Vaccine or the Covid-19 Booster Vaccine, please call our admin team on 096-80600.
Flu Vaccine Patient’s groups eligible
- Age 65 years of age and older.
- A Child aged 2 to 17 years old.
- Are pregnant.
- All patients aged 6 – 23 months and 18 – 64 years at increased risk of influenza – related complication such as those with Chronic Illness i.e Chronic Heart Disease, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, moderate or severe Asthma and Diabetes.
- Patients with Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment and all Cancer Patients.
- Morbid obesity, i.e body mass index of 40 or over.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome.
- Children with Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual disability.
- Healthcare workers.
- Household contacts of people with underlying chronic health conditions, and a Carer who provides ongoing significant level of care to a person of illness or disability.
- People in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl.
Children’s FLU vaccine from 2 to 17 years old
Children aged 2-12years on the date of the vaccine, or those aged 13-17 years who are in an at-risk group, are eligible to receive the Fluenz Tetra Vaccine.
- All our patients over the age of 50 years and older.
- Our patients that are pregnant in the appropriate stage of pregnancy and where the appropriate time since last dose of vaccine has elapse.
- Healthcare worker and Care workers.
- Those aged 5-49 years with immunocompromise associated with a suboptimal response to vaccination.
- Those aged 5-49 years with medical conditions associated with a higher risk of COVID-19 hospitalisation, severe disease or death.
- Patients 17 to 49 years old with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19.
The Medical Team are available for consultation by appointment
Please call 096 80600 to make a surgery appointment.
Our administration team are available from:
9.00am-11.45am and 2.15-4.45pm Monday – Thursday.
When booking an appointment, please let us know if you need a non-standard appointment, as these often require extra time.
For Additional Flu Vaccine Information
Information Leaflet for at-risk groups
Information Leaflet for Children’s Flu Vaccine
Information Leaflet for Pregnant Patients
Information for Healthcare Workers
Covid 19 booster
We will be administering the newly adapted Pfizer Covid vaccine To Patients in at risk groups.
We strongly advise all eligible adult and child groups to avail of the flu vaccine this year.
All patients in the at risk and recommended age groups can get the flu vaccine free of charge.
Who is entitled to the flu vaccine free of charge?
All patients in the at-risk category are entitled to the vaccine. this covers both GMS and Private patients.
We are running dedicated flu vaccine clinics this winter.
Please call the practice to arrange your vaccination appointment – HSE stocks of vaccine are been rationed – please be patient with us while we are awaiting vaccine delivery.